Paid Internship 2017
The Borough of Conshohocken Authority (BCA) is offering a paid internship to those looking for a career in Wastewater Treatment who are currently enrolled in the following areas of study: Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or Biology. This internship program will provide a meaningful work experience that will complement their academic training and career aspirations.
Participants gain experience in:
- Operation and Maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Facility
- Collection Conveyance System
- Laboratory Analysis
- Daily and Weekly Reports Preparation
- Interpreting and Evaluating Engineering Problems
- Repair Projects
- Wastewater Processing and Discharge
- Administrative and Clerical Work
- Professional Development
- BCA internships are open to undergraduate or graduate students who attend an accredited college or university. Eligible students must meet the minimum cumulative GPA, which is 2.5 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate students, based on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must submit an application form, along with a current sealed official college transcript. The transcript may be mailed directly from the school; separate from the application.
- Applicants must write an essay based on your career aspirations and, if selected, what you would like to gain from this internship. The essay must be typed (double spaced) and should not exceed two pages in length.
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from an academic advisor
- Applicants must be 18 yrs of age by May 22, 2017
- Applicant must be available from May 22nd to August 18th
All applicants must be able to successfully pass a Pennsylvania State Police background check processes which will include reference checks and criminal history checks.
Applicants must also be able to pass or have: Driving Record Check
The BCA is committed to supporting the educational goals of college students interested in careers in the public sector. This internship at the BCA will take you into the heart of the wastewater treatment industry.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com and must be submitted no later than April 17, 2017.
More pages found in Employment & Internships
Below is a list of pages found within the Employment & Internships section.
Want to keep up with BCA news?
Sign up and don't miss a thing.