Job Opening: Utility Person
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Foreman, Collection System Foreman, or the Operations Manager, this individual shall perform any combination of the tasks of Maintenance Helper, Collection System Laborer and/or Operations Laborer. Performs any duties deemed necessary by the Operations Manager. Will be required to work in all types of weather. Management has the option to call in any and all plant personnel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This position is an entry-level position.
- General Requirements:
- Ability to learn processes and equipment involved in wastewater treatment.
- Possess basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment involved in wastewater treatment.
- Ability to record records.
- Capable of assisting maintenance personnel, collections personnel and operations personnel in daily activities at the wastewater treatment plant.
- Must be capable of understanding schematics and blueprints.
- Physical Requirements- must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb up and down ladders and lift manhole covers.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Specific Vocational Preparation:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license with the ability to obtain a CDL license with tanker endorsement within 6 months of hired date.
- Must successfully complete “Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Collections Systems” both Volumes I & II and/or “Operation of Wastewater Treatment Plants” Volumes I & II within 18 months of hired date.
- Must obtain a valid PADEP Wastewater Certification Class B, subclass 2 within 3 years of hired date.
- This position requires continuous education in the maintenance field, operations of wastewater treatment plant and collection system.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
Please submit resume to 601 East Elm Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428, attention Stephen Clark, Executive Director or email at email@example.com.